Software Advice, a firm that helps buyers find the right order management system for them, recently released a large study about the latest trends in supply chain software. Some of its most important findings further prove that Megaventory is a key player in supply chain software – and ahead of the game when it comes to properly managing your processes.
According to this study businesses in search for a proper supply chain software solution belong in one of three categories. These companies either do not have any software solution in place or use spreadsheets or have a locally installed license solution. We believe that neither of the three can help a multi-location, multi-user business retain its competitiveness and scale in the current business environment. Not in an efficient manner at least.
(image source, CC BY-SA 3.0)
It’s all about the software
Barcode scanners, RFID technologies and other hardware gadgets for retail businesses and warehouses are no longer the hottest exhibits in major Supply Chain exhibitions. It is business software that is now in the centre of interest in the supply chain world. This happened because both small and larger companies have realized that investing in Supply Chain software can give them a better insight on their business, improve existing processes and most importantly give a large return in investment by optimizing their stock and reducing delivery times. For this reason, businesses are ready to invest large amounts on software solutions: the research found that companies are willing to spend $100k on average for their supply chain software.
Here’s what these companies are looking from a software solution – and how well can Megaventory cover them:
· The most important reason for seeking to improve their business software is to task automation. Megaventory helps businesses speed up processes like quoting, selling or ordering and each process is designed to reflect the actual operations taking place in a commercial business. This way, it can provide a single platform where all the processes take place.
· Reducing data entry comes second in the list of requirements. Choosing to adopt a solution like Megaventory, you make sure you input all your operations in real-time and only once without the need to keep track of various different systems and databases. When you need to perform bulk imports of your existing data, Megaventory can also accept spreadsheets to update its database which will cut down your data entry effort.
· Improving and optimizing purchasing is naturally a key requirement for commercial businesses. Optimizing stock can decrease your costs and improve the availability towards your clients. Megaventory’s On-Hand Inventory and Alerts module allows you to set alert levels for each product and inventory location and then re-order the needed products in a matter of seconds without any data entry required. What is more, our integration with SalesCast offers demand forecasting and can help you order the correct quantities for every product by analysing historical data.
· Improving warehousing is another major concern. Megaventory, offers sophisticated user permissions that allow administrators to strip down the software for each user according to their role in the company. This means, for example, that the warehouse worker can see a simplified user interface only with the information and processes they need. Also, Megaventory makes it very easy to print or email all the printouts like picking slips and packing slips with a simple click.
· Business owners seek to find integrated systems for their Supply Chain Management systems. Megaventory has invested a lot in software integrations which allow the creation of a scalable, integrated solution for any physical goods business. The Megaventory software is already integrated with Magento, SalesCast and Zapier and many more integrations are down the road.
Megaventory can be easy to use and adopt, an overall affordable and scalable solution which can handle all the operations of a small to medium sized physical goods company. The features added to our solution recently reflect the latest trends in supply chain management and can make the life of managers and employees alike much easier all while enabling them to really stay ahead of the game.
You can give Megaventory a try here.
Dimitris Athanasiadis oversees Operations and Customer Relations in Megaventory.