Editor’s Note: This blog post was originally published in June 2015 and has been completely revamped and updated in January 2023 in order to be comprehensive and fully understandable.
Software Advice is a firm that helps buyers find the right order management system for them. Recently released a large study about the latest trends in supply chain software. Some of its most important findings further prove that Megaventory is a key player in supply chain software – and ahead of the game when it comes to properly managing your processes.
According to this study businesses in search of a proper supply chain software solution belong to one of three categories. These companies either do not have any software solution in place or use spreadsheets or have a locally installed license solution. We believe that neither of the three can help a multi-location, multi-user business retain its competitiveness and scale in the current business environment. Not in an efficient manner at least.
It’s All About The Software
Barcode scanners, RFID technologies, and other hardware gadgets for retail businesses and warehouses are no longer the hottest exhibits in major Supply Chain exhibitions. It is business software that is now at the center of interest in the supply chain world. This happened because both small and larger companies have realized that investing in Supply Chain software can give them a better insight into their business. Improve existing processes and most importantly give a large return on investment by optimizing their stock and reducing delivery times.
For this reason, businesses are ready to invest large amounts in software solutions. The research found that companies are willing to spend $100k on average for their supply chain software.
Benefits Of Supply Chain Management Software
Here are the benefits of using supply chain management software that companies can gain – and how well can Megaventory cover them:
· The most important benefit of their business software is task automation. Megaventory helps businesses speed up processes like quoting, selling, or ordering. Each process is designed to reflect the actual operations taking place in a commercial business. This way, it can provide a single platform where all the processes take place.
· Reducing data entry comes second on the list. Choosing to adopt a solution like Megaventory, you make sure you input all your operations in real-time and only once without the need to keep track of various different systems and databases. Megaventory can also accept spreadsheets to update its database which will cut down your data entry effort.
· Improving and optimizing purchasing is naturally a key requirement for commercial businesses. Optimizing stock can decrease your costs and improve the availability of your clients. Megaventory’s On-Hand Inventory and Alerts module allows you to set alert levels for each product and inventory location. Then you can re-order the needed products in a matter of seconds without any data entry required. Also, our integration with SalesCast offers demand forecasting and can help you order the correct quantities for every product by analyzing historical data.
· Improving warehousing is another major concern. Megaventory offers sophisticated user permissions that allow administrators to strip down the software for each user according to their role in the company. This means, for example, that the warehouse worker can see a simplified user interface only with the information and processes they need. Also, Megaventory makes it very easy to print or email all the printouts like picking slips and packing slips with a simple click.
· Business owners seek to find integrated systems for their Supply Chain Management systems. Megaventory has invested a lot in software integrations that allow the creation of a scalable, integrated solution for any physical goods business. The Megaventory software is already integrated with Magento, SalesCast, and Zapier and many more integrations are down the road.
Megaventory can be easy to use and adapt. It is also an affordable and scalable solution that can handle all the operations of physical goods company. You can give Megaventory a try here.
*Terms & Conditions apply
Dimitris Athanasiadis oversees Operations and Customer Relations in Megaventory.