As shopping online has become the new normal, we no longer need to explain the importance of adopting an e-commerce channel for your business. As a general rule, no businesses are alike, that’s why the market offers plenty of platforms to choose from.
The major e-commerce apps in the globe are Shopify, WooCommerce and Magento but these platforms may not cover certain functionality preferences of some enterprises. Considering the differences in companies’ sizes, the type of commodities they sell and their general requirements, it may be that you have decided to go with BigCommerce – a great and highly desired app by big-sized companies. So, we have decided to show you how to connect our software with it for top-notch e-commerce order management.
You should not worry that our cloud-based inventory management solution is not natively integrated with BigCommerce. Zapier – a 3rd party application that serves to extend Megaventory’s API essentially, is there to take care of it! Through this automation site, you can connect the BigCommerce app with the Megaventory platform in a matter of minutes – without any technical knowledge. And it is way easier than you might think!
How BigCommerce stands out the from other e-commerce apps:
Certainly, BigCommerce is one of the most important e-commerce platforms in the industry. It’s a valuable tool for operating large and fast-growing businesses online, as well as enhancing its shoppers’ buying experience. Here are 3 reasons why you may have chosen to go with BigCommerce compared to anything else:
- Built-in marketing tools and analytics. With BigCommerce you don’t need to integrate a third-party app for analysing actionable information and stimulating customer’s interest. You can easily launch promotional campaigns, offer discounts, create coupons or other gift vouchers as BigCommerce already has this as a built-in feature.
- Most up-to-date SEO practices. The platform is enriched with SEO-friendly features such as auto-optimized titles, sitemaps, search-friendly and customizable URLs. Moreover, BigCommerce suggests effective keywords for SEO optimization.
- Next level selling. Thanks to an astronomical amount of built-in sales features, it becomes very simple and convenient to stimulate online purchases. In addition to this, you are able to sell on numerous websites, particularly the trendiest ones like Facebook, Amazon, eBay.
For all its merits, you can improve BigCommerce considering inventory management, stock tracking and replenishment, reporting, user permissions, etc. This is where Megaventory comes in together with Zapier integration. All you need to take the advantage of a superior order and inventory management is to adopt a basic logic in Zapier that connects both Bigcommerce and Megaventory Orders.
Connecting BigCommerce and Megaventory using Zapier
Currently, Zapier enables certain combinations of connectivity between Megaventory and BigCommerce.
To begin with, you would like your BigCommerce clients to appear automatically in Megaventory too – no need to transfer them manually. So, you can set a Zap that when a client signs up in your BigCommerce platform, the same client will also be created in Megaventory.
Similarly, when an order is placed in your BigCommerce platform, Zapier will create the same order in Megaventory. Set ‘New Order’ for BigCommerce and ‘Insert a Sales Order’ for Megaventory as Zap’s trigger and action, respectively.
Note that you can’t create a product from BigCommerce to Megaventory. This means that products should be uploaded to both apps ahead of any connection taking place.
Benefits of BigCommerce order management using Megaventory
To level up your e-commerce order management, take a look at some of the benefits of connecting the two apps:
- Convenience: Opening an e-commerce channel to your business should be reason enough. Doing this with BigCommerce, an approach that minimizes complexity and overheads in setting things up is an additional reason. Furthermore, bringing Megaventory in the stack allows you to manage orders from your current channels alongside this new channel seamlessly.
- Performance measurement: Once the two systems have been connected, and you have started receiving orders both from BigCommerce and other channels you, then you can compare their execution. That way, you will be able to understand which channel performs best. Also, you will find out the most favorable product category or period to sell your items. Without an exception, these insights can prove to be critical in growing your business.
- Business simplification: Megaventory will assist you in replenishing your stock with its Purchase and Production module. Although stock synchronization from Megaventory to BigCommerce is not supported by Zapier currently (it has to be done regularly via spreadsheet imports), these Megaventory modules will still go a long way towards streamlining your business.
As you see, it’s very easy to connect two apps without any technical knowledge – just a bit of work. Also, the benefits are clear and substantial. And if having a couple of Zaps to manage clients and orders from one platform to the other, what’s not to like?
Are you already a customer of BigCommerce but still struggling to optimize your e-commerce order management?
Would you like to track and manage your orders in a clearer and simpler way avoiding customer delays and minimizing painful spreadsheets?
Rely on Megaventory – cost-efficient online inventory and order management solution!
No extra equipment needed for you to accelerate your business!
Ambitious and outgoing individual with unbreakable positivity who works for Megaventory as a marketer and content creator. She strongly believes that with the right mindset everything is achievable in business, personal life and everywhere else. Passion for cooking, self-development and martial arts – are the things you will never take away from her!