No matter how accurate your order fulfillment is, you will still be blamed for late deliveries by the customers. Shouldering the responsibility to offer accurate and timely deliveries to your customers all by yourself is next to impossible. Thanks to Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) inventory management system for helping the businesses stay at it. It offers the potential to optimize inventory levels, uplift warehouse efficiency, and enhance last-mile delivery.
Successful inventory management requires data storage for purchases, reorders, warehousing, shipping, receiving, customer reaction, and more. ERP inventory management keeps the required information available, which helps the companies to share information on different domains of their businesses in real-time. ERP inventory reinforces the businesses to remain competitive, drive profit, and lead to customer satisfaction. Implementing ERP software is a step towards improving your business, as it offers a great deal to organizations. The article walks you through a brief guide, features, functions, and benefits of an ERP inventory management system.
What Is ERP Inventory Management?
ERP leads to integrating and centralizing an array of major business processes and tools to offer a comprehensive approach to businesses. It integrates one workflow into another; companies integrate expected and ordering workflows to streamline their inventory management.
The software also incorporates the workflows and tools required by businesses to run their operations. ERP inventory management systems function as a central platform that encloses all the tools and businesses required to maintain their inventory. Centralizing the overall processes, tools, and businesses, therefore, simplifies the management and access. The features of ERP further help in advancing the process and making it time-efficient. We have prepared a list of some major features offered by the ERP inventory management system.
What Are The Features Of An ERP Inventory Management System?
• Automation– ERPs automate time-consuming and repetitive tasks, including data entry, thereby minimizing errors and time consumption. However, you require an admin to code and develop the rules for automation in the ERP system.
• Single System– As mentioned earlier, ERP integrates the process throughout different departments, collects data, and presents an all-encompassing view of the financial, operational, business, and customer data. It helps with better insights and decision-making.
• Data Management & Submission– The ERP system mobilizes data and offers considerable insights to help better decision-making. Real-time reporting enables financial saving, operational optimization, and quality services. The ERP further compiles data into visual charts, reports, and graphs.
• Supply Chain Management (SCM)– ERPs gather the data related to processes involved in the supply chain, including inventory, tracking, manufacturing, logistics, and distribution, and provide optimized purchase and transfer orders.
• Customer Relationship Management (CRM)– Various ERP systems combine with CRMs to assimilate customer data for decision-making and reporting. ERPs deploy contact information, serial number, order histories, and prospect status to develop a convenient database to accomplish the prospects.
• Manufacturing Management-ERPs assist in simplifying the manufacturing procedure by planning and monitoring products and sourcing the raw material. Furthermore, it collects and stores accurate data based on your material bill, shop-floor controls (SFC), distribution map, tracking, and others to assist organizations with better inventory operations.
ERP inventory management platforms streamline your businesses and expand your prospect. Moreover, there are an array of advantages to implementing it in your industry. We have brought some of the predominant among them.
*Terms & Conditions apply
Benefits Of Implementing ERP Inventory Management For Retail Business
ERP systems utilize data sources to assist the organization in acknowledging the performance history of different SKUs. Businesses use this data to generate effective ordering decisions and plan precise forecasts to accomplish future demand. Here are the Benefits of an ERP inventory management system:
Integrates With E-commerce Platforms
Utilizing various management tools for your e-commerce businesses requires a connection to your backend platforms. An inventory management system, therefore, creates a holistic solution by integrating with accounting software, asset tracking, online markets, and POS programs. This integration helps you with automated tasks and timely order fulfillment and improves the bottom line.
Inventory Forecasting & Data
Inventory forecasting is a keystone of a dynamic inventory management system. Its accuracy can eradicate excessive inventory, reduce over or understocking, and prevent the storage of expired stocks in the warehouse. Inventory management software seamlessly tracks the data associated
with sales and the latest market trends and uses it to develop accurate forecasting reports. The updated analytics offer insights that can be considered for product adjustments and improvements.
The scalability of an inventory management system is an essential part of its overall functionality. Modern inventory management software is being developed in such a way as to adapt and expand with the organization and its requirements. It can also be upgraded if the organization enlarges its original features or applications. Various inventory management platforms also offer customizations to help retailers upscale at a suitable rate.
Opportunities Associated With Supply Chain
ERP system effectively helps in measuring vendor performance for identifying and creating action plans to notice crucial matters and issues such as underperforming suppliers. This improves your lead times and helps you manage relations effectively. At the same time, understanding your vendor and their performances becomes useful for designing beneficial strategies for both sides.
An ERP inventory management system comes into this scene with impactful solutions for multiple challenges. It has offered an important capability to businesses for expansion, complex workflows, automation integration, and others. The benefits of an ERP inventory management system can grow your e-commerce business. It has significantly brought everything on one platform, including logistics, finance, operations, and inventory. Its efficient and valuable features assist in managing your deliveries and enable you to monitor the overall performance of your delivery team.
Akshita Pacholi is an experienced content writer and digital marketer who works at Nova Techset. She finds technology more challenging and exciting and aims to present the best of it through her articles. She actively provides articles based on App Development, Software Solutions for E-commerce and E-publishing, Digital Marketing, Blockchain and AI, and Supply chain and logistics.