In today’s digitalized world, the demands of the eCommerce industry have increased. The expansion in customers and business needs impacts the management and development of each business. Since you already use a web-based inventory software to track your stock, you might have noticed that a stand-alone inventory management system can not ensure the synchronization between the ecommerce, accounting, and shipping procedures of your company.
That’s why it’s essential for the web-based inventory software to provide multiple integrations to help you plan effectively and maintain a synchronized strategy for your business success.
What Types of Integrations Do You Need?
There are multiple types of integrations that a company needs to ensure maximum profits while also having minimum customer churn:
- Ecommerce Integrations
- Shipping Integrations
- Accounting Integrations
Each one of the above extensions will affect a specific field of the company’s procedures. Specifically, an e-commerce integration will help you boost sales. Additionally, the accounting integration will help you gain a greater image of your financial books and manage them smoothly. Last but not least, the shipping extension will benefit you in boosting customer satisfaction.
Inventory Management And Ecommerce Extension
There are numerous benefits of integrating a web based inventory management software with an e-commerce system.
- Connecting a web based inventory management software with an e-commerce software enables automated and synchronized updates to all of the company’s inventory documents each time a product is sold while also showing accurate product availability in real-time.
- Furthermore, the connection synchronizes stock numbers across all locations and enables tracking of the stage in which they take part. Also, it restricts double entries which save your business valuable time.
- It also gives the ability to improve order fulfillment. Duplicate orders are avoided because the stock displays the products automatically as reserved on both platforms. In other words, the people that handle the orders of the company will have adequate information on the available stock. This leads to easier order fulfillment and to the elimination of human errors.
Megaventory provides 3 different e-commerce extensions for your business: Shopify, Magento, and WooCommerce.
Schedule a free call with us to find which one suits you best!
Inventory Management and Shipping Extension
What about the shipping procedures? The inventory management software you’ve chosen has to provide a shipping extension because a company needs to efficiently manage to send out orders. What are the benefits of connecting a shipping software with your web based inventory management app?
- First of all, the connection enables the company to track shipments, calculate shipping costs, and overall boost inventory management.
- It can also help you manage all your shipping needs whether you have a small store with a few dozen monthly shipments or many warehouses across the country.
- With a connection similar to the one that Megaventory has with ShipStation, a company can create a tracking number for the route of each shipment. This way, it will be easier to monitor and trace your shipments as well as inform your clients accordingly.
Inventory Management and Accounting Extension
Why connect your inventory management software with an accounting extension? Because this guarantees better results in your business procedures! So, what are the benefits?
- Integrating your web based inventory software with an accounting extension will help you avoid missing a payment that goes together with an order.
- Another benefit is that all inventory changes happen in your inventory management solution. The multiple documents affect the price and cost of the order or the individual items in the order. With a lot going on, the amounts owed can be very complicated. Because order and inventory management is there to manage stock and not payments, you’d want to have your accounting solution be aware of all the changes associated with each order.
Do you have any questions about this?
Book a free, no strings attached chat with us to learn how the Megaventory team can help!
In A Nutshell
The integration of your web based inventory with other e-commerce, shipping, and accounting software is essential for a fully functional business. To efficiently control the inventory of your business and manage correctly the price and cost changes while also handling the tracking shipments, you’ll need to scale up by integrating the related extension to your business!
Stamatia Manolara is a Digital Marketer and Content Creator for Megaventory. Her passion is staying up to date with the latest digital marketing technologies as well as upgrading her skills and developing new ones.